Since Symantec acquired VeriSign's Identity and Authentication Services. Symantec has invested in several SSL Certificate upgrades–and more are coming.
The Most Recognized Trust Mark on the Internet
The Symantec Checkmark, part of the most recognized trust mark on the Internet, was combined with the leading name in personal technology protection, Norton. Consumer tests by Symantec show that the new seal retains the high level of recognition and trust that Symantec seal posters value. In tests, consumers selected the seal with the Symantec Checkmark and Symantec’s Norton brand over other possible trust marks and more often than our competitors’ trust seals for the following attributes:
- 77% of consumers recognize the Norton Secured Seal.
- 65% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal is safe to browse and won’t give them a virus.
- 55% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal means that the website protects their online privacy.
Checkmark Displays on the Internet Today
Why do so many consumers recognize a seal that is brand new to them? Because elements of the new seal have been visible today on websites they trust and in the logos of the brands they know mean security.
- It's seen almost a billion times per day in 170 countries.
- Helps grow your online business by anchoring customer recognition: In an international online consumer study, 90% of respondents are likely to continue an online purchase when they view the Norton Secured Seal during the checkout process, more than any other seal or no seal displayed.
- Over 40 million desktops worldwide using Norton Safe Web see the Norton Secured Seal next to trusted website links in search results.
- Symantec's robust PKI infrastructure includes military-grade data centers and disaster recovery sites for unsurpassed customer data protection, availability and peace of mind.
- The Seal can be a visible image of your dedication to PCI compliance, as eCommerce sites must authenticate their identities and encrypt transaction traffic through their site to protect customer data.
No Installation Necessary
As a result of this automatic update, the Norton Secured Seal is now displayed over half a billion times per day on websites in 170 countries. To learn more about the transition and results of consumer tests, visit our online community dedicated to the rebrand: VeriSign Authentication Services and Symantec Unite.
Same Security. Improved Support. More Value.
As we add more value to our products, Symantec is dedicated to upholding high-security standards and proven authentication processes to verify businesses and websites. At the same time, we are improving our support from your same, trusted customer service and sales teams. Plus, we’re adding more value and features, including:
- Vulnerability assessment and daily website malware scanning
- Certificate Intelligence Center (for large enterprise certificate discovery)
- Express Renewal and AutoRenewal Service